Transformation requires energy paired with a higher shared purpose. Collective intelligence is the fundamental lever contributing to change. Transformation management is based on a systemic approach. It is non-linear and involves all employees, starting with general management. This is how we will help you mobilize both tangible and intangible levers to implement your transformation and develop your agility:
Co-construction & assistance for your transformation project
We manage our clients’ transformation projects to help them reinvent themselves, i.e. realign their strategy with changes in the external environment. On the strategic front, we help our clients (re)define their company or entity’s very purpose, clarifying their “WHY, HOW, WHAT” ( using our tools ):
- WHY: the mission and the purpose; the shared higher common goal
- HOW: the modus operandi, including culture, managerial practices, governance, organisation, etc.
- WHAT: the measurable and quantifiable result, the objective to be reached
We help you frame your project, draft a transformation map and steer the progress of your projects over the long term. We involve your teams in considerations and in implementing these projects. We ensure that the projects chosen represent your change on human, process and organisational levels. We are the guarantors of the “technical” side, but most of all, of the human dynamic, so that you can have behaviours, belief systems, management styles and habits evolve to adapt them to the target operation. We ensure that your project is thought out and conducted based on the target modus operandi and not on your usual practices and habits, which no longer match your environment. When all is said and done, your operation will be perfectly in synch with the changes in your environment.
Adopting adaptive governance
Our approach is based on the connection between governance, groups and individuals. It’s a project organisation and governance approach that has its finger on the pulse of the people through their tensions to evolve the system until we find an agile balance.
We propose a systemic analysis of the human tensions perceived by internal stakeholders. In our approach, the tensions that people experience are an expression of a glitch in the system in which the employees work. They often find themselves “neck-deep” in the system and are unaware of the systemic nature of the tensions they experience, which most often generate conflict and suffering.
That’s why the systemic action that we propose involves changing a person’s relationships with other people in the system.
Who decides what? Which bodies have which responsibilities? Who attends what meeting? How are good decisions taken?
At the end of this process, you will have a clear framework, revamped or newly created bodies, with simplified operating modes that are independent of the people involved in them. The result is greatly improved efficiency and speed of collective performance.
Defining an agile organisation
In a VUCA world, success means continuously updating your organisation, explaining it and getting your teams to adopt it. Benchmarking best practices, defining target organisations, creating the transformation map and its roadmap are some of the toolbox that we’re going to help you deploy. The result: a clear and communicable organisation that’s adopted and implemented by everyone.
Reviewing and adapting processes
When we help you completely overhaul processes, we once again call on the intelligence available within your group. We use tools that help your teams discuss, select and implement the solutions that best suit you. Our role is to bring out and challenge, to assess the solidity of your proposals and their suitability to the world around us. The result: clear, documented processes that are actually implemented because they’ve been adopted by everyone.
Adapting your culture to your business stakes
Culture is an intangible concept that’s difficult for many to understand, despite being at the heart of all behaviours within the company. During a process of change, identifying the corporate culture makes it possible to determine whether it’s adapted to changes in the environment, and what areas need to be worked on to adapt it. This means “stretching the culture”. The result: teams that fully agree on the behaviours and winning attitudes in the new world.
Communicating managerial change
Managers are the first people in the company to become involved in a change to allow them to play their full role as liaisons with their teams. Ensuring that everyone is on board is one of the priorities of top management, and we will design the on-line and classroom methodologies that will help you keep the momentum high and use each person’s energy in the right place. The result: committed and accountable management involved in decision-making.
Monitoring and anchoring projects for the long term
Because it can sometimes be difficult to keep energy levels high during change due to internal impediments, we propose PMO consultants to monitor the project leaders within your organisation. They are trained in YUMAN’s leadership and consulting techniques and will challenge your project leaders in framing the project and its subprojects and help get the different stakeholders on board in meeting their goals. They’ll be the “itch” that needs to be scratched, helping you manage risks, deadlines and track deliverables. The result: regular advancement in your projects serving a global vision of the change.
In addition to your current concerns, we have also developed specific management approaches for the following areas:
- Assistancefor strategic projects of radical changeThe stake: successful completion of a project of radical change, which shakes up deeply rooted habits and practices because of its entrepreneurial and creative dimensions. The result: motivated teams that are united strongly around their mission, efficient operation, collaborative tools and methods that are shared and used in daily work, with a high level of overall performance.
- Assistancefor support functionsThe stake: to switch from convenience to a strategic partner recognized for its added value by its internal clients. The result: repositioning of the support function, new employee attitudes, new ways of working and communicating with internal and external clients.
- Assistancefor HRThe stake: to turn HR into a Strategic Business Partner, called on by internal clients for its "advisory" dimension, and recognised for its ability to create a top-notch employee experience and development program. The result: the HR function is repositioned at the appropriate decision-making level and has skills to assist in the managerial change and practices.
- MSBs and SMEsSupport that is specially designed for youMSBs and SMEs have a capacity for rapid transformation which is often underestimated by their directors. When we work with companies, we pay particular attention to their governance, especially when the business is family-run, and to the human dimension which is specific to every MSB or PME. A dedicated team, made up of complementary skills intervenes to allow the director to define their vision of transformation and to help them to concretely implement it.